Join us on the Dignity Tour!
Posted Wed, 09/22/2021 - 2:00pm
From October 2nd to October 24th, Migrant Justice will embark on a 3-week speaking tour, taking us to 7 states for a total of 28 presentations. The Dignity Tour will bring us to audiences around the region to share the success story of the Milk with Dignity program and the “new day for human rights in dairy.”
The Dignity Tour will also build support for the campaign calling on supermarket giant Hannaford to join the Milk with Dignity program and take responsibility for the rights and well-being of the farmworkers behind Hannaford-brand milk. We will travel to every state where Hannaford has a store, starting in the company’s home state of Maine.
Throughout the three weeks of the Dignity Tour, Migrant Justice will connect with audiences in high schools and colleges, in farms and granges, and at churches, community centers, health clinics, and general stores. At each stop, the public will hear from farmworkers and organizers about the incredible human rights transformation underway in the dairy industry and will be able to make their voices heard, telling Hannaford that it’s time to get with the program!
While we can’t wait to hit the road, we are also closely monitoring Covid rates and health guidelines. We ask that all attendees wear masks and all eligible attendees be vaccinated. Some presentations will be outdoors and we will also offer a number of virtual presentations at alternatives to in-person tour stops. Please check back to this website for the latest information before attending an event.
Check out the map of tour stops and look below for the full list of in-person and virtual presentations! This list will continue to be updated between now and the end of the tour.
- 10/2 11am, Tour Launch in Burlington, VT
- 10/5 6:30pm, York, ME (Hosted by: Southern Maine Showing Up for Racial Justice) (facebook event)
- 10/6 12pm, Waterville, ME (Hosted by: Oak Institute for Human Rights at Colby College) (facebook event)
- 10/7 6pm, Freedom, ME (Hosted by: South Paw Farm)
- 10/8 6pm, Portland, ME (Hosted by: Maine DSA) (facebook event)
- 10/9 12pm, Lewiston, ME (Hosted by: Midcoast Maine Showing up for Racial Justice) (facebook event)
- 10/10 3pm, Virtual Presentation (register for the zoom)
- 10/11 7pm, Virtual Presentation (register for the zoom)
- 10/12 6pm, Keene, NH (Hosted by: Keene State College) (facebook event)
- 10/13 10am, Brattleboro, VT (Hosted by: Groundworks Collective)
- 10/13 6:30pm, Rutland, VT (Hosted by: Castleton Indivisible) (facebook event)
- 10/13 5:30pm, East Hardwick, VT (Hosted by: Small Farm Guild at Grange Hall) (facebook event)
- 10/15 7:30pm, Thetford, VT (Hosted by: Upper Valley Affinity Group) (facebook event)
- 10/15 4pm, Albany, NY (Hosted by: The Radix Center) (facebook event)
- 10/16 10:30am, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY (Hosted by BardEATS) (facebook event)
- 10/16 4:30pm, Brooklyn, NY (Hosted by: Brooklyn Urban Garden Charter School)(facebook event)
- 10/17 3pm, Monkton, VT (Hosted by: Willowell Foundation) (facebook event)
- 10/17 3pm, Boston, MA (Hosted by: Northeastern University School of Law Students for Immigration Justice) (facebook event)
- 10/18 6pm, Providence, RI (Hosted by: Carefree Clinic of Brown University) (facebook event)
- 10/19 11am, Kingston, RI (Hosted by: University of Rhode Island)(facebook event)
- 10/19 6pm, Cambridge, MA (Hosted by: Harvard TPS Coalition, Harvard College Act on a Dream, Harvard Student Labor Action Movement) (facebook event)
- 10/20 5:30pm, Barre, VT (Hosted by Rural Vermont) (facebook event)
- 10/21 6pm, Middlebury, VT (Hosted by Middlebury College Center for Community Engagement) [canceled]
- 10/22 12pm, Virtual Presentation (register for the zoom)
- 10/22 6:30pm, West Brattleboro, VT (Hosted by: All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church)
- 10/23 1pm, Windham, CT (Hosted by Click Willimantic)
- 10/24 2pm, Grafton, MA (Hosted by Uprooted and Rising Boston)
- 10/24 6:30pm, Hanover, NH (Hosted by La Casa Living Room at Dartmouth College)
We will be posting to our social media accounts from each tour stop, so if you can’t make it to a presentation, be sure you follow us on facebook, twitter, and instagram! See you on the Dignity Tour!