An atmosphere of positive energy and a sense of organized chaos coated Room 10 of the State House on Wednesday, April 18th as more than 60 migrant workers, farmers, and community allies gathered to celebrate passing S-238, the study committee on drivers licenses, as a significant step towards building a movement for drivers licenses for all Vermont residents next year.
We kicked off the morning with a teach-in and constant revolving door of legislator visits who had been flooded with notes from constituents invited to come join us.
Vermont Poised to Create Program for Residents to Access ID and Drivers Licenses Regardless of Immigration Status
VT Senate Votes for Freedom of Movement for ALL Creating Committee to Introduce ID and Drivers License Legislation
We are making history THIS WEEK with Vermont farm workers, farmers, and fair food and human rights allies by organizing to pass S-238, a bill that will make accessible Vermont IDs and drivers' licenses to Vermont's migrant workers!
1. Update on S-238 and the STATE HOUSE ACTION DAY ON WED 3/14!
2. TAKE 2 URGENT ACTIONS for S-238!
3. NEW Talking points on S-238 available here:
11 am Thursday update: Gov. Shumlin speaks out in support of S-238!
Let's make history THIS WEEK with Vermont farm workers, farmers, and fair food and human rights allies by organizing to pass S-238, a bill that will make accessible Vermont IDs and drivers' licenses to Vermont's tireless migrant workers!
1. JOIN US FOR A STATE HOUSE ACTION DAY ON WED 3/14!
2. Help us Win the BATTLE OF THE STORY in the media! WRITE Letters to the Editor. Educate the Press!
3. Solidarity Transportation Opportunities
1. Join us for a STATE HOUSE ACTION DAY on Wed 3/14, 9am-1pm